This is a blog about my thoughts and ideas on things I am passionate about, with a healthy dose of poetry

Posted by Ken Liti - - 0 comments

What is so unique about the HIV virus? It is its ability to mutate, hence its become very difficult to subdue. So, why am I talking about HIV?
Because its modus operandi is similar to that of the Ethnicity Virus. It never seems to be effectively subdued, because of its mutating nature.
Internet based social networking tools are one of the best things that have happened thus far; also one of the deadliest vectors of the Ethnicity virus. But this sounds TOTALLY OUTRAGEOUS!!

I know, and that is why I am now going to tell you why. Groups is one ingenous application that makes Facebook totally outstanding. But here in Kenya, some people somewhere are using this application maybe to propagate certain agendas.
There is totally nothing wrong with identifying with a certain tribe: in fact it is pretty cool to know loads of stuff about your tribe. But here is the problem: ethnic tribalism combining with numbers.

I can bet that most people joining ethnic based Facebook groups usually have the best of intentions in mind. But I can also confidently bet that there are some few elements propagating negative ethnicity in these groups. A driver of a bus with 62 passenger literally has the fate of the whole bus on the steering wheel. If he decides to veer off the road and plunge down the Mau Escarpment, then y’all dead.

By using this analogy I am not undermining the intelligence of the guys who join these groups in any way. I know you are intelligent people, but fatal danger lurks around, one that will mercillesly shred the fabric of National Unity.
Group Dynamics is the one effective axis that turns the wheels of Radical Ethnicity. I am quite certain that you normally say ” I should…”. Enter Group Dynamics, and without knowing it, you will soon be saying ” We should…”. Most probably, this will be the scenario, and it mostly happens in the subconcious part of the mind. Soon your stand on issues, especially National Issues, will be based on an Ethnic Group concesus. And hence polarization occurs, and thus, concioussly or subconcioussly, you don the spectacles of tribalism.
2012 aint far, and sooner than later, our ethnic tribe redundant politicians, and painfully it will be the ‘Young Politicians’ that will intergrate your ethnic tribe affiliated group into his/ her ethnic megamachine. And thus, a replica of the 2007 General Election will be replayed; will you hence absolve yourself??

I got very pissed off yesterday when someone asked me what ethnic tribe I belong to because of my wierd names; and this was in a high profile national meeting.
Ethnic tribal affiliation + numbers = catastrophy. I prefer to call this Ethnic Redundancy, and nothing less than it.
The choice is yours people. Will we allow ourselves to be sucked into a whirlpool of tribal ethnicity, and be forced ( knowingly or uknowingly) to see things using a tribal lens yet we always claim to be global??
Ever thought of using your heart to play dice with the devil?

~ I rest my case….but only for now.

Leave a Reply