This is a blog about my thoughts and ideas on things I am passionate about, with a healthy dose of poetry

Posted by Ken Liti - - 0 comments

I admit that it is quite a while since I last posted a blog, but then, many things have been happening; its a lame excuse, but one worth giving!

So, this year is an epic one; I know I said that before, but nonetheless, I will say it again! This is the year of the Youth. Why do I say so? Rio+20 is almost here, in June 2012!
I know most of you are wondering what this Rio stuff is all about. Worry not, I will break it down for you: it is a twenty year commemoration of the first Earth Summit in Rio, Brazil, in 1992 which brought forth the concept of sustainable development. Future generations were put at the center of development, and this ideology has gained momentum now more than ever! Let me just post a few links for you to go through, more details will be coming out later. If you are a young person, and would like to get involved, just let me know, or follow up with the links I will post below.

Thanks, and more will be coming up sooner than later!!

 Links: 

 -United Nations Commission for Sustainable Development


 - Rio+20s


 - United Nations Commission for Sustainable Development - Major Group for Children and Youth 


 - Rio Plus Twenty Youthspace 


  - Road to Rio Plus Twenty

Leave a Reply